CBC Premium Services Subscription Conditions
- In the event that the amendment entails an increase in the requirement of the subscriber or reduction of obligations of CBC, you may deny this modification by canceling your subscription.
- Minimum age: You must have reached the age of majority in your province to be able to subscribe to the Premium service.
- iTunes - Subscription is currently available via an Apple iTunes account on an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or iPod Touch. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. CBC shall have no liability as to any errors incurred in the payment process through an Apple device and Apple User account.
- Google Play - Subscription is currently available via the Google Play store on a compatible Android phone. Payment will be charged to your Google account at confirmation of purchase. CBC shall have no liability as to any errors incurred in the payment process through an Android device and Google account.
- watch.cbc.ca - Subscription is also available on http://watch.cbc.ca on a compatible browser via the “Try Premium” button..
- Automatic Renewal
- iTunes - Subscriptions automatically renew unless the auto-renew option is turned off in your iTunes account settings at least 24-hours before the end of the monthly billing period. To manage your subscription, see the instructions at https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202039
- Google Play - Subscriptions automatically renew unless the auto-renew option is turned off in your Google account settings at least 24-hours before the end of the monthly billing period. To manage your subscription, see the instructions at https://support.google.com/payments/answer/6220303?hl=en
- watch.cbc.ca - Subscriptions automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the monthly billing period. To manage your subscription and update billing information visit https://watch.cbc.ca/account.
- iTunes - You can cancel your subscription at any time through your iTunes account. You will continue to have access to the premium content and features available until the end of your monthly billing period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. To cancel your subscription, see the instructions at https://support.apple.com/en- ca/HT202039
- Google Play - You can cancel your subscription at any time through your Google account. You will continue to have access to the premium content and features available until the end of your monthly billing period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Google Account Subscriptions Settings after purchase. To cancel your subscription, see the instructions at https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481?co=GENIE.Platform %3DAndroid&hl=en
- watch.cbc.ca - You can cancel your subscription at any time by visiting https://watch.cbc.ca/account and selecting “Cancel subscription”. You will continue to have access to the premium content and features available until the end of your monthly billing period. After the end of your final billing period you can re-subscribe any time. If you wish to re-subscribe before the end of your final billing period, contact CBC Support at https://watch.cbc.ca/l/contact.html.
- Misuse: CBC reserves the right to deny access to the Premium service to anyone who abuses the service.
First Month Free
- Upon subscription, first time subscriber to Premium Services will receive the first month free. The first regular monthly subscription fee will be charged on the first day of the next month of your subscription then monthly thereafter, the day corresponding to the date of your subscription.
- The ”first month free offer” is one-time only per member.
User name, password and account access
- You will be responsible for the confidentiality of your username and password.
- You are responsible for updating the information appearing in your account, including your email address to allow CBC to provide you with any notice or communication.
- Permitted Use: The content viewed via your subscription is intended for your personal and noncommercial use only. You agree not to use the service for public performances. Hereby, CBC grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable on Canadian territory and limited in duration licence allowing you to view, on compatible devices, content for personal use only.
- Availability of Content: The content available may vary on a regular basis, depending, among other things, on the availability of rights of certain contents. CBC may, at its discretion, add or remove content at any time.
- Viewing content: The quality of viewing may vary from one device to another and may be based on various factors, including your location, the bandwidth you have and the speed of your Internet connection. CBC makes no warranty as to the quality of the content viewing on your device. Content viewing requires Internet access and use of bandwidth that are your sole responsibility.
- Ads: Due to existing licensing and rights requirements, live streams and a small number of on-demand titles may contain ads. Live streams may occasionally be subject to blackouts.
- Continuous Improvement: The features and functionality offered via subscription package will be continuously updated in order to improve service to subscribers.
- Viewing: You can use the Premium service on multiple devices, up to a maximum of five (5) concurrent streams.
We collect customer information in order to improve your experience on CBC services and help you discover our products, services and promotions. Your information is never given or sold to third parties. To find detailed answers to your questions about the security and privacy, please read CBC's policy on privacy and confidentiality at http://www.cbc.ca/aboutcbc/discover/privacy.html